Our laboratory’s cleanroom is cleanroom class 7 pursuant to DIN ISO 14644-1 or cleanliness class C pursuant to the EC-GMP Guidelines. And samples are always processed on laminar flow workbenches.
We voluntarily meet very high safety standards, much above those in comparable laboratories and set forth in DIN EN ISO/IEC 17025 for accreditation.
Thanks to our modern premises and laboratory equipment and, above all, our experienced laboratory staff, who work seven days a week, we are able to process samples fast and safely, even though their number is high.
In our laboratory, we test for the usual parameters in various foodstuffs like meat and meat products, milk and dairy products, delicatessen, mixed salads, ice cream, pastries etc., (ready-made) dishes, beverages etc. each and every day.
The tests comprise colony counting and detection procedures (usually in accordance with § 64 German Food and Feed Code or ISO) for:
Hygiene and spoilage organisms:
number of aerobic and anaerobic germs, Enterobacteriaceae, Escherichia coli, coliform germs, lactic acid bacteria, pseudomonades, yeasts, mildew, sulphite-reducing Clostridia…
coagulase-positive staphylococci, Bacillus cereus, Clostridium perfringens, thermophile campylobacter, STEC/VTEC/EHEC, Cronobacter spp., Listeria monocytogenes, salmonellae…
Rapid methods for the following micro-organisms:
STEC/VTEC/EHEC, Cronobacter spp., Listeria monocytogenes and salmonellae
The microbiological tests will be run on the day of the samples’ arrival after storage in defined conditions (e.g. within the framework of BBD tests).
At your request, we will evaluate the results and the products’ marketability. This is often done in combination with other tests like sensory tests, gravimetric tests or those for chemical parameters or for labelling.
For the BAV Institute, water tests are routine. Such test include, for example:
- drinking water (e.g.. the number of aerobic germs, coliform germs, Escherichia coli, Enterococci, Pseudomonas aeruginosa…)
- mineral and table water
- purified water (e.g. in accordance with the European Pharmacopoeia)
The following parameters are covered, among others: number of aerobic germs, coliform germs, Escherichia coli, Enterococci, Pseudomonas aeruginosa, legionella…
For the huge number of customers from the cosmetic industry, we run all the relevant microbiological tests.
These include in particular:
- colony counting (number of aerobic germs, yeasts, mildew…)
- detection of specific micro-organisms (Pseudomonas aeruginosa, Escherichia coli, Staphylococcus aureus, Candida albicans…)
- Preservation stress tests in accordance with DIN EN ISO 11930, European Pharmacopoeia or customer-specific models (multiple stress tests)
The tests are run in accordance with ISO and/or the European Pharmacopoeia. At your request, we will evaluate the results. Since cosmetic tests are bread-and-butter tests for us, there is no waiting time (not even for preservation stress tests).
Microbiological tests on non-sterile medical drugs are run in accordance with the methods set forth in the European Pharmacopoeia (Ph. Eur.) and in consideration of the GMP regulations (GMP certificate by the Regierungspräsidium Tübingen; a regional authority).
They include in particular:
- colony counting (e.g. the total number of aerobic micro-organisms (TAMC), the total number of yeasts and mildew (TYMC)…)
- detection of specific micro-organisms (e.g. Escherichia coli, Pseudomonas aeruginosa, salmonellae, Staphylococcus aureus…)
- tests for sufficient preservation (stress tests)
- product-specific validations
- purified water
Try out our services! You will receive an attractive quotation that will commit you to nothing (for your contact, please see the respective product category).